STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Applications for Hire shall be made, in writing, on this form obtainable by the Manager stating the Purpose of the Hiring and whether the use of any equipment is required.
- No application shall be considered from any person under 25 years of age.
- The Manager has the right to refuse any Application without having to give any reason for such refusal.
- The Kings Head Enfield reserves the right to amend these conditions and regulations at any time without prior notice.
Use of the First floor function room includes use of the men’s and women’s toilets on that floor any hallways or stairwells associated with the access to said function room.
- Period of Hiring
- Dates and times of the Hire required must be clearly stated on the application form.
- All Areas will be fully vacated prior to the completion of the Period of Hiring.
- Electrical Equipment
- No lighting heating power or other electrical fitting or appliance in the Area is to be altered moved or otherwise interfered with.
- Any electrical disco/entertainment equipment brought into the Kings Head Enfield must carry a current certificate of testing which should be supplied to the Manager prior to the hire period.
- Heath & Safety
- No objects containing inflammable gas shall be sold or exhibited or used in connection with the Hiring.
- Explosive and inflammable articles shall not be brought to or used in The Kings Head Enfield without prior written consent from the Manager and the Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that anything used in connection with the Hiring is non-flammable.
- The hirer must not bring in any substances which are subject to the COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations, unless this has been formally approved by the Manager prior to the hire period. The hirer must also show a safe system of work, approved by the Manager. These must be supplied with all substances brought in by the hirer prior to the hire period and agreed by the Manager.
- Health and Safety Supervision
- During the period of the Hiring, the Hirer is to be responsible for:
6.1.1 the efficient supervision of the Area including (without prejudice to the generality of the above.)
- the effective control of children. Including ensuring they are not to be allowed to play
outside of the room or be unaccompanied outside of the function room.
- the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the Area.
the orderly and safe vacation of the Area in the case of emergency under the guidance of The Kings Head Enfield staff who should be informed immediately should such an emergency evacuation be necessary.
- the safety of the Area.
- the preservation of good order and decency in the Area.
- ensuring that all doors giving egress from the Area remain unobstructed and
immediately available for exit.
- ensuring that obstruction is placed or allowed to remain in any thoroughfares giving
access to the Area, disabled access and Fire Exits.
6.2 The Hirer or their authorised representative whose name should be given to the Manager prior to the Period of Hiring must be in attendance throughout the period of Hiring.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the maximum number admitted to the Area during the Period of Hire shall not exceed the figure agreed with the Manager prior to the Period of Hire.
- Should the Hirer deem it necessary to summon the Emergency Services of Fire, Police and/or Ambulance the Manager must be informed.
- Upon hearing an alarm bell/sirens, all persons should proceed to the nearest “FIRE EXIT” and exit the building as calmly as possible. Everybody shall then proceed to the assembly point. (Please check this prior to your period). The Manager will inform you when it is safe to re-enter the building.
- The hirer must immediately report all accidents to the Manager on site. The hirer must not attempt to administer first aid themselves unless qualified to do so. The Kings Head Enfield will not be held responsible for actions of first aid taken by the Hirer.
7.1 The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that any necessary disclosure from the criminal records bureau is obtained on all persons supervising children and young persons under 18 years of age.
- Decorations and Advertising
- No bolts, nails, tacks, screws, bits, pins or other like objects are to be driven into any part of the Kings Head Enfield fabric fixtures and fittings furniture or other property nor is any adhesive substance to be attached to it.
- No placards or other articles to be affixed to any part of the Kings Head Enfield.
- The Manager reserves the right to remove any permitted posters, boards, signs, flags or other emblems or advertisements that become untidy or unsightly.
- Statutory Requirements
- The Hirer must not do or permit any act, matter or thing that would or might constitute a breach of any statutory requirement affecting the Kings Head Enfield or which would or might invalidate in whole or in part any insurance or license effected in respect of the Kings Head Enfield.
- Broadcasting and Filming
The Hirer is not to grant broadcasting or filming rights without prior consent of the Manager.
No sweepstake, raffle, tombola or other form of lottery is to be permitted to taken place in the Kings Head Enfield except a lottery:
- that is lawful under the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976.
- for which the prior consent of the Manager has been obtained and
- which is conducted strictly in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions.
- Bars and Catering
- No liquor, soft drinks or refreshments is to be brought into or sold on the premises by the Hirer (including no other caterer) unless previously agreed by the Manager. No alcohol.
Smoking is not permitted within the Kings Head Enfield.
- Expiration of Period of Hiring
At the expiration of the Period of Hire, the Hirer is to:
- leave the Function Room at The Kings Head Enfield in the condition found.
- leave the subject area to the Hiring in a clean and orderly state free of litter
- remove all equipment previously brought in by or on behalf of the Hirer unless prior consent has been obtained from the Manager for some or all of this equipment to be stored at the Kings Head Enfield
- Agreement Personal to the Hirer
The benefit of Agreement is personal to the Hirer and is not assignable or capable of being sub-hired.
- Damage to Kings Head Enfield
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to check the area of hire prior to the Period of Hire and report any damage to the Manager.
- The Hirer will pay to the Kings Head Enfield on demand the cost of repair of any damage except of fair wear and tear occasioned to the areas subject to the hiring or to the fixtures, fittings, apparatus, equipment or furniture contained therein and caused by him or any other persons participating in the activity for which purpose the area was hired or by any persons under his control during the Period of Hire.
- The Manager will assess the cost of the necessary repair or alternatively the Hirer may at his own expense obtain an assessment from an independent but qualified third party provided that such a third party is acceptable to the Manager.
- Injury to Persons and Loss of Property
- The Kings Head Enfield will not be liable for the death or injury to any person attending the Kings Head Enfield for the function which is the subject of the Hiring or for any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the Hirer in the exercise of the rights granted by the Agreement except where such death, injury or loss is due to the negligence of Kings Head Enfield.
- The Kings Head Enfield will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles, gifts or property of any kind (including equipment) brought into or left at the Kings Head Enfield either by the Hirer for his own purposes or by any other person or left or deposited with any officer or employee of The Kings Head Enfield.
- The Hirer will indemnify The Kings Head Enfield against all such liabilities as are mentioned in this Condition.
- Public Liability for hirers charging an entry fee
The Hirer is to have in force throughout the Period of Hiring a policy of insurance effected with a reputable insurance company. The Hirer may be requested to produce proof of insurance at the Manager’s request.
- Further Exclusions of Liability
- The Kings Head Enfield will not be liable for any loss due to breakdown of machinery or equipment failure, supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or Act of God which may cause the Kings Head Enfield to be temporarily closed or the Hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
22.2 The Kings Head Enfield gives no warranty that the Kings Head Enfield is legally or physically fit for any specific purpose.
23 Right of Entry
The Kings Head Enfield reserves the right for duly authorised members or officers or employees of The Kings Head Enfield to enter the Area that is the subject of the Hiring at any time for any authorised purpose.
- Cancellation by The Hirer
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the Hiring in whole or in part written notice must be given by the Hirer to that effect.
- Such notice must be given one month prior to the Period of Hiring.
- Failure to provide the required period of notice will cause the amount already paid to be forfeit. Any deposit paid is not refundable.
- Cancellation by the Kings Head Enfield
- The Manager may cancel the Hiring if the Kings Head Enfield is required for any purpose in connection with a Parliamentary or Local Government election, special event or if the Centre or that part subject to the Hiring is rendered unusable by any such event as mentioned in Condition 23.1
- If the Hiring is cancelled for any such reason as referred in Condition 25.1 the Manager will give to the Hirer the maximum possible notice and refund the fee payable in respect of the Period of Hiring affected but will not otherwise be liable to the Hirer.
- Should the Manager at the time be of the opinion that it is likely to be of an objectionable nature they shall have the power to cancel the hiring immediately and shall reserve the right to refuse admission to or remove from the centre any person without station a reason.
- The Manager reserves the right to terminate any hiring in the event of the hirer failing to comply with any requirement imposed by The Kings Head Enfield. The Manager will not refund any payment in respect of the hiring and shall not be liable to pay any compensation or indemnify the hirer for any loss.
- Breach by the Hirer
If the Hirer fails to observe and perform any of these Conditions the Manager may:
- charge to and recover from the Hirer any expenses incurred by the Kings Head Enfield in remedying such failure including cost of employing attendants, cleaners or other persons as may be appropriate and
- cancel the instant or any other hiring of the Kings Head Enfield by the Hirer without incurring any liability to the Hirer for the return of any fee or otherwise.
Any complaints arising out of the Hiring must be made in writing to the Manager within 7 days of the expiration of the Period of Hiring.
- Amended Conditions
- The Kings Head Enfield reserves the right to amend the Standard Conditions at any time without notice.
- Such amendment would not include a request for an increased fee from the Hirer who has already paid a deposit or the full amount for a booking.
- Scale of Charges
- The scale of charges shall be as laid down and published by the Manager.
- The Manager reserves the right to vary these charges at any time except as specified in Condition .